European Farmer's Market
Europe is guest in the Vogtland region - the 26th European Farmer's Market in the event hall of Möbel Biller - is the platform for agricultural direct marketers to offer their goods. 2022 more than 60 booths there are offering lots culinary delicacies available at the indoor marketplace.
Among a big variety of goods there are:
- different cheeses from Austria, the Netherlands, Germany, Poland, Switzerland, Italy and France
- Oil products from different countries
- Wines from different wine growing areas in Europe
- Meat and dairy products from goat and water buffalo from the region
- Organic bread, pastries and confectionery
- hearty bacon from South Tyrol
- delicious ham, pies, salami and sausage products and tempting fragrant pastries from France
- crisp apples, juices and potatoes from Saxony
- fragrant herbs, tea, homemade fruit liqueurs, nettle products, jams and more. Spreads from Germany
- Mushroom dishes fresh from the pan, house-slaughtered sausage, eggs, honey and ice cream from the Vogtland, fresh and smoked fish
- plants & floristry from the Vogtland
- pottery, curtain fabrics, basket weaving, carving, decorating, soaps, oil presses, carpentry products
The first European Farmer's Market took place in 1996, since then, Plauen and the Vogtland region is the host of the annual event.